Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blooming Steamed Sponge Cake

After a successful Blooming Steamed Brownies, I become super motivated and excited to make another one. The one with fluffy and and light texture!


I didn't put so much faith though and did it somehow half-heartedly *resulting a not-so-pretty zebra effect*, after reading some fail attempts from other bloggers. Anyway, we'll never know if we don't try, right? 


After I tried it out, it is actually not that hard at all! I even have to say that it is pretty easy to do. I absolutely love the smell and taste. The texture is very light and spongy, but I want more! I will definitely try it again next time, of course to do it full-heartedly and make a better zebra effect!


Bolu Kukus Mekar - Blooming Steamed Sponge Cake (translated to english)
Adapted from Heryanti Saleh

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
160 gr granulated white sugar
1,5 tsp emulsifier
200 gr cake flour
100 ml coconut milk
100 ml soda water
Enough chocolate paste

Method:
1. Beat eggs, sugar, and 1/2 part of emulsifier with high speed until white and fluffy.
2. Add flour, coconut milk, and soda water alternately, mix with low speed until combine.
3. Add the rest of emulsifier and beat with high speed for about 5-7 minutes.
4. Separate the batter into 2 parts, add chocolate paste to 1 part.
5. Prepare small steam cake pans, line with cupcake liner. (I use muffin pan)
6. Pour 1/2 tbsp of white batter to the pan, then 1/2 tbsp of chocolate batter on top, and do it again alternately until the pan is full.
7. Steam with high heat for 15-20 minutes.

Enjoy 

With love,
Julia 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite ... idk I cant help it ..always finish all on whatever I can grab..just soo yummy.. :D

Julia Selinda said...

@Anonymous: me too! hahhahaa

Post a Comment