Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's another study week before final exam. And, instead of make a preparation for exam, I travel back to my hometown and spend time baking everyday! Happiest days in my life! It really is a very short holiday, so I tried to find easy recipes and I found this yummy cookie recipe! 

We call this cookie putri salju in Indonesia, a melt-in-your-mouth type of cookie and ground cashew nuts in it. Well, the texture is similar to melting moment cookies, so I guess it is the same (minus the cashew nuts). This recipe contains no nuts, but we add in cocoa powder and dark cooking chocolate instead.

The cookies texture is crunchy and melt in your mouth, although I expect it to be softer just like the original putri salju cookies. The taste is super chocolate, it is bittersweet and that's what I love the most from chocolate! I even think that I might bake this for next year's CNY!


Chocolate Melting Moments Cookies - Putri Salju Cokelat (translated to english)
Source: Majalah Sedap ed. 9/IX/2008 via Dapur Vanilla

Ingredients :
120 gr butter
180 gr margarine
150 gr powdered sugar
150 gr dark cooking chocolate, melted
1 large egg
500 gr cake flour*
50 gr cocoa powder*
1 tsp baking powder*
*Sift together

Coating :
Powdered sugar

Method :
1. Beat butter, margarine, and powdered sugar for 30 seconds. Add melted dark cooking chocolate, mix well. Add egg, mix well.
2. Add sifted flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder, mix well.
3. Roll the dough to 1/2 cm thickness, cut with cookies cutter. Arrange on greased baking tray.
4. Bake at 160C for 20 minutes.
5. Coat with powdered sugar while still warm.

Enjoy 

With love,
Julia 

0 comments:

Post a Comment