Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Today is my first internship day! I am super super excited because I will be in pastry department for this whole month. Hope I can learn lots of new things!

Okay, now about this steamed brownies. I remember my friend brought me a steamed brownies once from Bandung and it was so good! Then I decided to find the recipe, but end up with this one because so many good reviews about it. For me, it was not as chocolatey as I expected, but it's quite light and fluffy so worth trying! Some people use the mixture of oil-butter-margarine to make it more fragrant, definitely have to try it out. ;)


Steamed Brownies - Brownies Kukus Ny. Liem (translated to english)
Source : Ny. Liem

Ingredient I :
6 large eggs
225 gr gula
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp emulsifier

Ingredient II:
125 gr all purpose flour
50 gr cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder

Ingredient III:
175 ml vegetable oil
100 gr dark cooking chocolate

Ingredient IV:
75 ml condensed milk

Method :
1. Beat ingredient I until light and fluffy (ribbon stage).
2. Add ingredient II, mix well with whisk. *I used spatula*
3. Add ingredient III, fold it in with spatula.
4. Take 100ml of batter and mix well with ingredient IV. Divide the rest of batter to 2 equal parts.
5. Pour 1 part to 20x20x7cm pan (greased and lined with parchment paper), steam with low heat for 10minutes. Pour mixture of batter+condensed milk, steam for 5minutes. Lastly, pour the last part and steam for 30minutes.
6. Let cool before serving.

Enjoy 

With love,
Julia 

1 comments:

Christove Antonio said...

Hello

Post a Comment